Using Audio in a Course
While currently AOM LMS doesn't have a direct way to create an Audio Module (similar to say a Video module), there is way to do it in the platform using Text/HTML module. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Admin Dashboard and click on Assets-->"Media Library". Upload the MP3 file here and copy the entire URL of the mp3 by clicking on "Choose/Select". For example, see below: The actual URL should look something like:
Note that your URL may vary as the "aom-uploads-test" will be replaced by your organizations prefix.
- Now click on Courses, then Text/HTML module
- Click +Create Text/HTML Module. Add the name of the module.
- Click the green + icon to add a new Row and full width single column. Then click the grey + icon to add a block. Add a "Code Block"
- Click the gear icon on the code block to open Settings. On the Code window pop , enter the following HTML code. Make sure to replace to URL in the src="" to the actual URL of the mp3 that you got from Step 1 above.
- Click on "Save Changes" and then update the module as well by click on "Update Module"
- You can now preview this module by clicking on Preview button and it will play the audio file:
- Don't forget to add this module to the corresponding Course by using the steps here.