Taking a Course
This article explains how you can launch your courses and navigate the course player as a student. If you have not done so already, be sure to check out the article on Understanding the Student Dashboard, so you know what functionality is available to you. Also, we have a Video Tour of the Student Experience to give you an idea of what the student actually sees as she is using your platform and taking your courses.
- In order to launch a Course, you want to go to the My Courses tab in your Student Dashboard. This can be found in the sidebar on the left.
- Find the Course you are looking to jump into and click the Launch Course button.
- This will bring you to the course's Launch Page from where you can get an overview of your progress, find course instructions, and dive into modules.
- You can either click on the Continue Course button to jump into the module where you left off, or you can dive into a specific module from the curriculum.
- Inside the Course Player you will find the course content. This content can be from a variety of different module types such as text-based, video, PDF, SCORM, and webinars. You'll even find modules like quizzes, assignments, and discussions.
- At the top of the course player you will find the course navigation bar. This allows you to navigate to the Previous or the Next Module in the course, jump to a specific module in the course, or go back to the Launch page (Back to All Modules).
- In the body of the course player you will find the actual content. In the example above we are looking at a PDF module and as you can see in the bottom right, besides scrolling through the PDF, you can also flip through the pages. Furthermore, you can zoom in or out depending on your reading preferences.
- A module - based on the settings set by the instructor - may be completed in the following ways:
a. Immediate completion upon opening (no tracking and no minimum time).
b. After spending at least a certain amount of time in the module (no tracking but with minimum time).
c. After going through all the content of the module (tracking and no minimum time).
d. After going through all the content of the module and spending at least a certain amount of time (tracking and minimum time)
- Once you have completed all modules (it may be that your Assignment or Discussion has to be reviewed first, or that you need to pass a Quiz with a minimum percentage), the course status will change to Completed and you will receive your certificate (if the course has one available) which can be found in your Student Dashboard.