Setting up Google Single Sign-On (SSO)
We allow clients to integrate Google Single Sign-On functionality onto their platform, making it possible to allow users (or specific subsets of users) to sign up and login with their Google Accounts. Below are the steps that need to be taken to activate and configure the Google SSO functionality.
- Navigate to the Integrations tab in the Admin Dashboard. You can find it in the sidebar.
- Click on the Manage button for the Google Single Sign-On section to navigate to the settings page.
- Open a new tab and navigate to your Developers Console on Google. This is where we are going to configure the keys needed for the fields on the settings page.
- If you do not have a Project set up yet inside the Developer Console, click the Create Project button to do so, and configure its details on the following page.
- Navigate to the APIs & Services - OAuth consent screen which can be found in the sidebar (hamburger menu in the left top).
- First, you can specify whether you want all users to be able to use the Google SSO or whether you want to limit it to users that are part of your Organization.
- On the more elaborate Consent Screen you can provide more details on the application that is going to be using the key such as the name, company logo, and more importantly, the authorized domains. The latter should be set to the domain name of your platform for example companyname.aomlms.com. Click Save.
- After the settings have been saved, navigate to the Credentials page which can be found in the sidebar on the left of the Developer Console, and select the project you have set up earlier.
- Click the Create Credentials button located at the top, and select the OAuth client ID option.
- Select Web Application as Application Type and provide the name for the application.
- Under Authorized Redirect URIs, be sure to provide the following domain: /gsuit-sso-callback
- Click the Create button and a pop up will show which provides you the Client ID and Client Secret Key that you can copy and provide on the Google SSO settings page in your LMS.
- Navigate back to the Google SSO settings page in your LMS, paste the keys into the fields, and enable Google SSO via the toggle. Then click Save. Google SSO will now be activated. And can be used to log in from the Login screen of your platform.