Platform General Settings
In this article
All changes to General Settings can be made by following these steps:
- From the Admin Dashboard, choose Settings, then General Settings
- Make necessary changes, and click Save Settings when you're done
Read on for more information about what each General Settings section includes. For a video walkthrough, checkout this video:
Site General Settings
The Site General Settings options will be seen platform-wide by all users. Selecting language and date and time formats will create a uniform experience for everyone on your platform. Here are the items available to be changed:
- Site Title: the Site Title will appear across multiple areas of your platform, including orders and invoices, and in all automated emails sent out.
- Site Language: this is the language that will display throughout your platform
- Date Format: this is the date format that will be visible internally and to students throughout the platform.
- Administrator Email: the Administrator Email will be listed as the Primary Recipient of all internal automated emails.
- For more information on automated emails, please review our guide: Automated Email Settings
- Time Zone: this time zone will display across your platform and will affect the timestamp for multiple functions in your platform, including Student progress, Student activity, certificate issue date, orders, and reports.
- Time Format: you can choose between a 12 hour format or a 24 hour format to display for all timestamps throughout the platform.
Enabling the Private Site option will remove all site pages from public view. The home page and Course Catalog will all require a login to view, and could be optional on a private site. This option is recommended for clients who want their Courses to be used internally in a company, or platforms that have front-end content you do not wish to show to non-privileged visitors.
Site Page Identifications
Site Page Identifications is where you designate the sites you have created on the Site Pages page as the Home page, Course Catalog, Cart, and Checkout page for your site. These designations are also displayed on the Pages page, like so:
For more information on creating and editing Site Pages, please review our guide: Introduction to Site Pages
Sample pages have been created for you, and you are welcome to use them. You are also free to edit those pages or create new pages. As long as each designated page contains the correct snippet block, they will function correctly. Here are the options available to customize:
- Home Page: the home page is what will be displayed when someone visits your site. The home page is the most customizable page of your site, and does not require any special snippets.
- For more information on a custom domain name change, please contact Support.
- Product Catalog Page: this page is your Course Catalog. It's where a full listing of your Courses will be publicly available for people to browse and purchase. The Product Catalog page is required to use the Product Listing Block snippet.
- For more information on the Course Catalog, please review our guide: Building a Course Catalog
- Cart Page: this is where users will review the Products they selected from the Course Catalog. They can review their order total and apply a coupon to their order if one is available. They can then proceed on to the checkout page. The Cart page is required to use the Shopping Cart Block snippet
For more information on the cart page, please review our guide: Navigating the Checkout Process
- Checkout Page: this the page where a user will enter their payment information and finalize their order. The billing address added here will be saved in the user's profile, and a payment will be made via a third party payment gateway. A billing address added here will be saved in the user's profile, and a payment will be made via a third party payment gateway. The Cart page is required to use the Checkout Block snippet.
- For more information on the checkout page, please review our guide: Navigating the Checkout Process
Privacy and Terms & Conditions
For example, this is the section of the registration page where the text for these policies show, which have links to the site pages selected: