Adding users to your platform can be done manually, either individually or in bulk. Alternatively, if a customer wants to purchase a product, they will have to register for an account to complete their transaction.
In this article
Adding an Individual User
To add a single user, follow these steps:
- From your Dashboard, click Users and choose All Users
- On the All Users page, select the Add User button in the top right.
Fill out First Name, Last Name, and Email.
- In the Password field, choose a password for your new user. We recommend a password that is between 6 and 22 characters long with at least one lowercase, uppercase, number, and symbol. The password you choose will be shared with a new user in the Account Creation email. It is recommended that they change their password immediately after logging in for the first time.
- Choose an existing User Category, or create a new one.
- Select Save User to complete the user creation.
Bulk Uploading Users
Use Bulk Upload If you have multiple users to upload to a Group or Membership Plan, or want to bulk enroll users in a specific course in a single action. This can be done with an Excel spreadsheet or from a Hubspot account.
Bulk Upload from Spreadsheet
To use an Excel spreadsheet with Bulk Upload, it must have the following format:
If a password is not included, one will be automatically generated.
You can also download a sample Excel spreadsheet and fill in the information there.
If you've created your own Custom User Fields, they will be listed in the sample spreadsheet, following the password field. Custom User Field columns do not need to be filled out, but they must included in the column headers to successfully bulk upload new users.
Once your spreadsheet is ready, you can upload your users.
- From your Dashboard, select Users and choose Import Users.
- Drag and Drop your Excel file onto the upload box, or click to upload.
To simply add the user to the platform without adding them to a Group or enrolling them in any Courses, Select I will use Group and leave all other fields blank.
- I will use Group
- Select Group (Optional): Select the Group you want to add users to.
- Select Self Paced Courses (Optional): The Courses you want to enroll users in.
- Select Instructor Led Course (Optional): The Classes you want to enroll users in.
- Select Location: The location of the Class.
- Select Class Date: The date of the Class.
- I will use Group
- I will use Membership plan: Selects a Membership plan to assign to users
Import Contacts from Hubspot
Make sure your Hubspot Integration is already set up.
- From the Dashboard, go to Users -> Import Users
- Click Import under the Hubspot option
- Choose the conditions for what contacts you want to import. You can also choose to add new conditions:
- If you would like to also enroll these contacts into courses at the same time, select courses from the dropdown list.
- If you want to add these contacts to a specific group, select the group from the dropdown menu. If no group is selected, they will simply be added to the account but not a specific group.
Click Import Users. You will see a message that the user sync is in progress, and you can click the refresh icon like below to view the status
The Hubspot contacts will be imported into the system and they will now be in the LMS. Note that you will see in the user list how the user was added to the system, whether they were added by an admin, self-enrolled or via Hubspot.
Step 6: Checking the Logs
You will be able to view the Logs for events that have occurred via the Hubspot integration in the Logs area of the Hubspot settings.
- Go to Integrations>Hubspot
- Click the Logs tab
- Here you will see a list of events, such as when users were imported or when objects were updated. Click the three dot action menu to view the log for a specific event more closely
New Account Automated Email
Now, let's learn more about what is included in the automated email a user will receive once they have been added. By default, the new user will be notified via automated email that an account was created for them. The New Account automated email will be sent immediately following the user creation--whether the user is self-enrolled or you create their user.
Note: The New Account email can be resent! If you ever need to resend a New Account email to a student, head into their user profile and click "Resend New Account Email". This will generate a brand new password for user which will be included in the New Account email.
To view or adjust the New Account email template:
- From the Admin Dashboard, choose Settings, then select Email.
- Choose the Accounts tab across the top, and you'll land on the New Account email template.
- Here, you can customize the email template as you see fit via the Subject, Email Heading, and Additional Content!
- Note the Shortcodes under the Additional Content box--the shortcodes are dynamic fields that will be automatically filled with the corresponding information for that user. You can any of those into your message if you'd like.
- You can also choose to enable or disable the template via the Enable toggle.
- To view a preview of what the users will see, click Send Test Email
Click Save Template when you're done
Once you've saved your template, the New Account automated email will be delivered to the new user in its completed form, using the content provided in the template as well as the General Email settings such as the theme color and the banner, like this:
For more information on the other automated emails, please review our guide: Automated Email Settings.
User Categories give you the ability to tag users. Categories can be used to organize users, filter for reports, and determine levels of access.
User categories can be created or added in two places:
- During User Creation: Type your category in the Choose Categories field and hit Enter. You can also search for a previously created category.
In a User Profile: Type your category in the User Categories field and hit Enter. You can also search for a previously created category.
Read more about User Categories here.
For clients that provide their courses to other organizations or business in bulk, use the following article to learn more about using Groups: