Integrating with GoToWebinar & GoToTraining
We have recently released new functionality that will allow client to integrate their Webinar modules with GoToWebinar and GoToTraining, two very popular live webinar providers. This article will explain how to set up the initial integration with their system as such that they can be chosen as the provider for a Webinar module that can be added to a Course.
- Navigate to the Integrations tab which can be found on the Admin Dashboard in the sidebar on the left.
- On the Integrations tab, select the Manage button for the GoToWebinar or GoToTraining integration, depending on which one you want to set up.
- On this page, you will have to provide a Client ID and Client Secret key that will allow us to connect with your instance at GoTo. In order to get these credentials, you will have to set up a Client inside you GoTo Developers account. More details on how to do so can be found here: https://developer.goto.com/guides/HowTos/02_HOW_createClient/
Note: While setting up an OAuth Client, make sure to use the following URLs as the redirect URIs values to be entered on the Details tab in GoTo Developers (replacing it with your AOM LMS domain name). You will need to use the right URL based on which integration you are making (GoToWebinars, GoToTraining, or both, which means you want to add both urls as a redirect URI):
- On the last tab during the Client setup, you will find the Client ID and Client Secret. Copy and paste both in the respective fields on the GoToWebinar/Training integration page. Before saving, go back to the Client Setup page on GoTo to save the client. Once completed, go back to the GoToWebinar/Training integration tab and click Save & Authorize.
- Then, click the toggle up top to Enable GoToWebinar/Training. You will now be able to select GoToWebinar and/or GoToTraining on the Edit Webinar Module page. When an admin clicks the Launch button, either on the Webinar modules page or inside of the Webinar module in the Course Player, a GoToWebinar or GoToTraining session will be automatically set up and hosted by the admin.
If you want to allow students to join the GoToTraining Webinar without needing to download the program, you can enable this functionality as follows:
- Go to your GoToTraining account : https://global.gototraining.com/training/trainings.tmpl
- Click on Settings in the left panel;
- Now click on the Instant join tab;
- Then check the Enable Instant join for attendees checkbox, and;
- Click on Save.